Written by Alta Lourette
1. A full body workout that includes strength, flexibility and endurance. Muscles develop pretty quickly and you’ll find yourself doing things you never thought you’d do (like pull ups).
2. It’s fun for the whole family – grandpa, teenagers, kids, 20 something can all cheer along for each other to get up a route.
3. You’ll be cheered on by strangers, make new friends and become part of a community.
4. It’s adventurous in a safe environment.
5. You can ‘exercise’ both indoors and outdoors, it’s your choice. If you choose outdoors, the added benefit is that you might discover some cool and new places out in nature.
6. Your core will become super strong and you might even sport a six pack. All this while having fun.
7. You don’t only exercise your body, but also your mind by conquering your fears and solving problems in order to get up a route.
8. Like yoga, breathing is essential and will help you perform better. Rock climbing will teach you a sense of connection with your mind, breath and body.
Pair this with yoga and you’re good to go. 8 reasons to do yoga up next.