Part Time Shop Assistant
We are looking for a part time staff member to work at South Africa No.1 climbing store for the summer holiday period, starting 1 November 2018 till end of February 2019.
You will be required to work some evening shifts till 10pm and on alternate weekends between 9am and 6pm.
- Must have basic knowledge of climbing and outdoor gear.
- Have previous retail or sales experience.
- Must have a Matric qualification.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be computer literate.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Be able to work well in a team but also as an individual with good self-managing skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Presentable, approachable and interactive with clients.
- Must have reliable transport.
You will be responsible for the following tasks.
- Deal with customer enquiries in store, on the phone and via email.
- Inventory counts
- Promotional displays
- Basic administrative duties
- General housekeeping, keeping store clean and tidy.
Remuneration will be at an hourly rate and will be based on experience.
To apply for the position please send the following:
- Motivational letter
- Copy of your ID
Please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted within 48hrs to set up an interview. Should you not hear from us within this time period please consider your application unsuccessful.
Cape Town Retail Manager
A great opportunity is available to work with as the retail shop manager with a small, young, outdoors orientated team in Paarden Eiland, Cape Town.
We are in the business of promoting a fun and healthy lifestyle, offering an exciting alternative to the run-of-the-mill large gym or retail company culture. Our staff is a young, energetic, outdoor oriented team. We have a relaxed, fun, and disciplined environment. Our retail shop sells everything for the rock climbing and hiking/trekking/mountaineering market and is the largest and best outdoor mountain shops in SA.
As the Shop Manager, you would be required to:
- Manage, evaluate and train staff, so you need to have good people skills.
- Provide staff with an incentivised target structure.
- Initiate marketing campaigns, in-store and on social media.
- Evaluate competition.
- Buying and pricing of goods.
- Oversee the general upkeep and maintenance of the shop floor and displays.
- Analyse and report sales information.
- Maintain and update your technical product knowledge on a constant basis.
- Interface with the gym department of CityROCK and with our Johannesburg branch.
- Leadership skills
- Have people management experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Rock climber
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Young or young at heart
- Ability to perform well in high-stress environments and multitask.
- Goal orientated
- Attention to detail
Salary will be R13,000 – R17,000, depending on prior experience. Plus a 10% incentive and R720 for medical aid.
If you think you fit the criteria, please send your CV to email@example.com
If you have not heard back from us after two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.