We’re busy staffing up for the opening of the BIGGEST climbing gym in the southern hemisphere and we want you!
Here’s some epic facts about the new gym in Paarden Eiland:
- Building size 3,600 m2 (about 4x the current gym and 900 m2 bigger than Johannesburg).
- Roped climbing up to 16 m high.
- 1,000 m2 floor area of high climbing walls, with 150 top anchors.
- 750 m2 floor area of bouldering.
- 30,000 grips.
- A dedicated kids climbing area, for birthday parties and kids programs.
- 370 m2 of cardio, weights and fitness.
- 80 m2 of system, campus, moon, hang, peg, compression and Pluto boards.
- 250 m2 gear shop, almost double our current size.
- 100 m2 yoga studio, 4x our current size.
Come join the winning CityROCK team! We are hiring these full-time positions:
Assistant Gym Manager – Cape Town branch
Responsibilities include hiring, training, and managing a staff of front desk employees and climbing instructors. It also includes managing the facility & its daily functions as well as climbing and fitness programs and community events. You will also work as part of a management team alongside the other gym managers.
Start date: Immediately
MUST CLIMB AND HAVE CLIMBING GEAR KNOWLEDGE!
- Computer Literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, Sage Evolution a bonus
- Good telephone etiquette
- Bilingual (English and Afrikaans)
- Previous managerial experience
- Own reliable transport
- Candidates must be willing to work evening shifts & alternative weekends
- Preferably between ages 20yrs – 35yrs
- someone who is fit and enjoys exercising.
- Interaction and communication with customers
- Training of staff
- Overseeing all day to day running’s and procedures of the gym
- Scheduling of events
- Monitoring membership sales & cancellations
- Monitoring bookings for birthdays, corporate and gym events
- Dealing with customers’ queries and complaints
- Working with Sage Evolution for reports and receiving of stock
- Managing daily cash-ups
- Writing a monthly newsletter
- Liaising with event coordinators and designers
- Actively grow the business through new marketing opportunities
- Ensuring safety procedures are upheld at all times
- A candidate must be willing to work independently as well as a team player
- Must be able to deal with customers, and a large staff compliment.
- Must be able to handle change and be flexible with work situation
- Patient, organized and deadline orientated. Good at report back and follow through
- Provide great customer service, problem solving and be able to think on your feet
- Must be willing to ‘get your hands dirty’ and willing to go the extra mile
Please email summarized CV to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from us in two weeks consider your application unsuccessful.