We have been working hard behind the scenes to get the gym ready for your return. We have tweaked our systems to make sure your return to CityROCK is safe and to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
We are open to active paying members and day pass climbers under conditions to come and climb. If you would like to join us, please read the following very carefully. The better prepared you are the smoother your session will run.
- All climbers must be active (paying) CityROCK members and day pass members under the following conditions:
- Day pass customers will need to already have a CityROCK belay tag from a previous visit; or must come with a belay certified member that can supervise them.
- Unfortunately, kids under 16 will not be permitted as day pass customers, members only for now. We are taking a phased approach to our re-opening to keep everyone safe and will re-introduce unrestricted day pass entry in the coming weeks.
- We’ll be running on a booking session basis, with 2-3 hour slots in peak hours only. Peak times are weekday evenings, 6 pm to 9 pm. Each individual climber and observer must book a slot. Off peak times do not require bookings, you can just arrive. 1 session per day per customer.
- Cleaning will take place regularly and between sessions to keep everything sanitary! For this reason, there is a 30-minute gap between sessions and slots cannot be extended, so please don’t be late or stay longer in peak times.
- Session capacity is limited to prevent overcrowding the facility and work on a first come, first serve basis.
- Well ventilated areas will reduce the risk of spreading the virus. All the gym fans will be on as a result, so please dress warmly.
- The upstairs fitness area is open but the cardio equipment will remain closed to help mitigate the risk of Covid-19.
- The yoga studio is open and bookings for classes are required. Please bring your own yoga mat
- If your membership is frozen, you can reactivate now:
You need to:
- Book a climbing session online in your city for peak times or studio classes.
- Complete a new waiver (online, before you arrive).
- Watch our preparation video.
- Verify your waiver with your government issued ID at front desk on your first visit.
- Swipe in with your membership card (don’t forget to bring it!).
- Wear a mask at all times, even while climbing, and uphold the prescribed 1.5m social distancing guidelines. Shop for a mask with your favourite climbing brands here!
- In peak times, please arrive on time and exit swiftly at the end of your session so we can clean and prepare the facility for the next session. You will need to leave the facility at the end of your session (sorry, no extensions).
- If it’s been awhile, refresh yourself with our climbing safety rules and regulations.