Last updated: June 28, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Indoor Climbing Centre (Pty) Ltd t/a CityROCK.
- Country refers to: South Africa
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Service refers to all offerings from CityROCK, including but not limited to general
- entry, memberships, events, courses, marketing etc.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself.
- Website refers to CityROCK, accessible from www.cityrock.co.za You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Services, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
Smartwaiver online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. You must use an SSL- enabled browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
Date collection includes, but not limited to; Email address; First name and last name; Phone number; Address, State, Province, Postal code, City; Emergency contacts
- Itensity employ a variety of security measures to safeguard your personal information including authentication, encryption (salting, hashing and SSL), brute force protection and sound software security practices.
- Account: Name, address, contact details and ID number
- Bank Details: Account number, Branch Code and Account owner. It is required so your facility can run debit orders against your account
- We retain this information as long as you use our products or services and for at least one year after you are no longer an active member at any of our facilities and have not participated in any events as required by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2005
- If there are support queries on your account your information may be viewed by our employees. Our employees will only use your information to resolve these queries and will not save, duplicate or distribute your information
- All financial details are kept for 5 years after tax submission as required by the Tax Administration Act 28 of 2011
Website usage information
- Miscellaneous information:
- Course bookings, event, class attendance etc.
- When and where you attended courses, classes and/or events.
- This information includes customer’s name, phone number, email address. For example, with your consent, you may link your Setmore account with your Google Contacts account, or other similar service, which allows Setmore to obtain personal information from that account. This import feature is powered by Google OAuth and Setmore, which requests the Setmore account owner to authorize the transfer of contact information and does not attempt to access your Google password. Setmore does not use the contact information obtained during the import process for any other purpose, and does not share contact information with third parties without your consent.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information. To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Right to access and rectify your information
You may access and update your contact details by logging in to your Itensity Membership account and accessing the My Profile page. Alternatively you can contact us to update your contact details on any of our platforms at any time. Email email@example.com
You may remove your contact details from applicable facility newsletter mailing lists by unsubscribing with the link provided in the newsletter.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Right to request removal of information
You have the right to request the removal of your information as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”) once in operation. You can request this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Removal will only commence if it is not in contravention of other legal acts.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: email@example.com